Top 5 TV Mums
In honour of Mothers’ Day on Sunday, here are our top five telly mums. Who wouldn’t want a comforting hug from these delightful mothers?
5. Davina McCall (Big Brother, The Biggest Loser & more) She’s counselled so many Big Brother contestants after they came out of the house and now she can be seen lending a comforting hand to the Biggest Losers over on ITV. She’s that balance between nurturing, fair and funny. We can just imagine Davina saying to her kids, with a glint in her eye: “I was live on Channel 4. Please do not swear.”
4. Nora Walker (Brothers & Sisters) The matriarch of the Walker family was always the problem-solver and comfort blanket for her children. She put her kids before everything, including herself. Nora’s strength made her the backbone of the entire Walker clan (including the illegitimate ones!).
3. Pippa Fletcher (Home and Away) She fostered so many Summer Bay kids and put the most rebellious ones back on the straight and narrow. She deserves a medal! Someone give her a medal! Most notable out of all her children was Sally Fletcher – proof that Pippa’s parenting skills were on the ball, as Sally turned out to be quite the pillar of society!
2. Bianca Jackson (EastEnders) She may be the biggest chav in Walford, but you can’t deny she loves her kids. Bianca always sticks up for her brood – so much so, she ended up in prison after teaching that nasty Connor a lesson. Misplaced affection? Sure! That’s why we love her!
1. Mrs Brown (Mrs Brown’s Boys) *Ahem*..SHE..often shows her boys tough love and gets herself in a right pickle over little things. And OK, she’s not the most refined of personalities – crude some might say – but we just can’t resist the f-ing and blinding Irish ma. Imagine how much fun it would be to be one of her boys!