Your TVGuide.co.uk New Year’s Day Planner!
Happy New Year from TVGuide.co.uk! So hopefully you’ve successfully got through another New Year’s Eve unscathed. Here’s our planner for those of you either recovering from a big night out, or content with having another night in.
10.25am: Elton’s New Year’s Eve Party: Live from the O2 Arena – ITV1
- You’ll either be watching this live the night before, or you can catch up with the action the morning after. A good way to start the day off gently.
11.20am: New Year’s Day Concert 2009 – BBC2
- Let’s be realistic, for some of you, even Elton John’s greatest hits is too much right now, you just need something really quiet on in the background while you work on trying to get rid of that hangover. How about some classical music to soothe the pain?
Then: Spend the afternoon either in the pub drowning the hangover with more booze (of course TVGuide.co.uk only condones drinking in moderate amounts – yaada, yaada), or catching up with mates after a cosy night in. There are plenty of movies on TV if you’re not up to going out, a Bond film perhaps? Or maybe some cartoon fun with Shrek or Garfield?
7.30pm: The Krypton Factor – ITV1
- The evening telly fun starts with the return of the long-running gameshow that requires both muscle and brain power. I always loved watching the contestants on the assault course as they plunge into mud right at the end, remember that?
9pm: Jonathan Creek – BBC1 or Agatha Christie’s Marple – ITV1
- The battle of the TV detectives is on as you get to choose between some old-school crime drama from Miss Marple or more unconventional riddle-solving from Jonathan Creek.
11.10pm: The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift – ITV2
- By now, the night before would certainly be catching up with you so it’s off to bed, but if you’re up for a mindless movie to zone out to then this is for you. Of course, for the sensible people amongst us, if you actually want something with a bit more content I would recommend The Terminal on BBC1 instead.
That’s it for the day! Be sure to log onto TVGuide.co.uk in the New Year to see what’s new on TV for 2009!